City of style: Piping the Melbourne fashion

When it comes to the icon of fashion in Australia, Melbourne is definitely the nomination. I didn't know that until I travelled to there in person last week. It is a stunning city as long as I stepped out the airport, I noticed how stylish people were there. It's even more surprise when my friend and I walked on the street. I'm pretty sure that it is a historic and artistic that you can see cool street art every lane. And it also shows on people's wearing that they don't afraid of being different or obvious. They walk confidently and know themselves, know this city. I didn't take lots of picture because I enjoyed the moment looking at people in person. Anyway, here is some random pictures that I took and opinions about Melbourne fashion style. 



Melbourne's flake weather is the most beautiful but annoyed part of this city that people need to prepared four-season-outfit in one day. However, it also gives the positive effect on its fashion style. For example, I lived in Brisbane which is a "sunshine"city that the most common outfit is: sunglasses, crop top, jeans short and converse. It's never been too much layer on people, they pursue comfortable more than fashionable. In Melbourne, the weather is chilly especially in the winter. People really good at layering and matching different colour. In Australia, you can see many patterns beside dot, strip or checked and very bright colour. 


 


Melbourne is also famous for the "black outfit", that most of the street style in Melbourne is alternative and dark. You can appear or disappear in black that in Melbourne I really feel people wear in black not for hiding themselves, but showing how good their sense of fashion is. Black is not just for rocker or cool people, it can be sexy , cute and elegant. Also, it is sure that a hat can give you more layer in black( look at the pictures below). 






There are always many art exhibitions or fashion festivals in Melbourne that I think maybe all this creativity and just having somewhere to go is what inspires people to dress their best? To prove this, I went to NGV to see the MOMa expo,  and people really dressed differently in art gallery that found some interesting mating from their clothes and art work again ( look at the pictures) . In any case I found being there again really inspiring! 




Finally,I named this as "piping the Melbourne style" because I really looked like a piper when I tool these pictures LOL. It’s a multicultural city that emanates heritage, embraces food, art and owns it. It’s that tyranny of distance that somehow makes this city even more determined to be world class. These are just my opinion in the 6-day-trip in Melbourne, I know that I will definitely come back for this beautiful city. And hopefully after you read this, you can feel the same touching and start panning your next trip ;)

Comments

Popular Posts