This is just the "Serendipity "......

Dressing up is the armor we use to survive the reality of everyday life. However, how
much do we notice about the subtlety of our clothes and our surroundings? I enjoy
keeping myself entertained observing people’s outfits and ”hunting” these interesting
moments. I was inspired by a French-based photographer, Stefan Draschan, who took
photos of visitors suddenly matching with a piece of art in a comical way. My
processes involve meticulous attention to what people are wearing and their
connection with the background. My work used colour isolation in Photoshop in order
to emphasise the different concepts present in each image, maybe it’s the pattern of
the umbrella you took or the colour of the building behind you. Even the abstract
elements in our life such as lighting, line or repetition can be presented on our clothes.
The secret behind the pictures is patience, observation and creativity. I wanted to
express the humorous, unique and unexpected harmony between people and the daily
scenes they’re experiencing.

The other main purpose is that I want to share is "story behind the picture" and interesting fact that I didn’t  write before.



 While visiting  GOMA I found this elegant lady and the cool black hats. People do dress differently and artistically  go to set museum. I spent the whole day walled forward and backward, the security van asked me if I need any help. (yes I do, I am in the rush to finish my photo-media final assessment.cry out)
At the corner I met this woman,who is my motivation to keep doing this topic of photography. Actually this is the first "successful picture" I took after deciding to do this, the best thing of life is not those thing you can control and expect, instead, it's the thing breaks your expectation changes the mood of your life.  After I took this photo of her, I accidentally bumped into her few hours later, She was doing the charity thing like caring about people selling Bigissue in front of the Queenplaza. She brought loads of food to them and chatted each other. What a beautiful day I captured a nice picture and met this kind woman. 

This is my cute Vietnamese friend ,Chi, a hoodie lover as well. I'm so glad that I captured the moment when she was standing in front of the shelf and picking chips like a foodie child. By the way, I love how denim colour be presented in the photo. Well, so which flavour of SMITH chip you guys prefer lol?
This is my Japanese friend, Mina. She is soooo obsessed with flora dress and that's where my inspiration comes from. 


Whoo, this is me finally;). I am not a professional model with  sexy back but I think I did well to match the boken light and this H&M glitter dress. Thanks to my best partner Quasi, we totally didn't know how to take photo at night, and also in front of lots of people! I wore this very extreme and fancy dress in south bank and stood on the bench because I need to reach the height of those bokeh lights. I can feel I was shining phycially and mentally at that night. BTW" glitter" is the trend now, so don't afraid to wear it, and add this element in your daily outfit. (I'll share more outfit information in the next post)

I'm so excited to introduce you guys one of my chic friends, Quasi. It it the firs time I saw a guy wearing that kinda cool earrings, especially from Asia. Tho here is only his back but I think he will become the hit in my later blog that I must share more interesting stories about his outfit .



Not much to mention but I bought a bag of lemons for this photoshoot and drank who weeks of lemon water after this lol. 

My friend, Ally, was the only female friend was willing to wear fishnet and be the model for me. She was concerned about her puffy legs, but see? Everything is good right? Fishnet and the wire netting could perfectly match, and I have always want to try fashion photography, maybe this idea is the most relevant to fashion photography. 

Hopefully you find more idea and more joy for dressing yourself. Never forget that you are the artist of your life. 

Leave the comment below which is your favourite outfit matching idea, and welcome to let me know your special idea about how to match your cloth and surrounding; )




Comments

  1. The article is interesting and expose your passion for fashion. Love it, keep up the good work <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts